Anyone having issues with WaterGEMS V8i crashing when either adding a new scenario to a simple model, or when editing elements of a scenario?
Compacting databases or moving .wtglight files to a separate directory then re-inserting them is useless. No help from Bentley.
I've moved this to a more appropriate forum.
Hello Lee, I have reviewed your Service Request history and noticed that we have tried to contact you on a few occasions in December, March and April for further troubleshooting but did not hear back from you. (I will follow up via private message with the details) Is it possible that our emails may be caught by your spam filter? We want to make sure that you are successful and that any hindrances are addressed.
It is possible that there is a corruption in your model, or you are encountering something that has been resolved in a later version.
Please provide the following information to help us troubleshoot:
1) Your exact WaterGEMS version, as seen under Help > About (for V8i). Is it still 08.11.06.113? (this is a few versions old - can you upgrade to CONNECT Edition?) Please also include your Operating System version (Windows 10?) and whether you have any specific Windows regional/language settings (which could potentially interfere in some rare cases)
2) The exact symptoms, such as the details of the crashes. Provide a copy of the error log files if possible
3) Is the problem model-specific or does it occur in any model, such as one of the included sample files? (located in the Samples folder within your WaterGEMS installation folder)
4) If it is model specific, does the problem still occur if you move the .WTG and .SQLITE files to an empty folder somewhere on your local hard drive?
5) If it is model specific and moving the file does not help, please provide a copy of the .WTG and .SQLITE files, zipped, along with exact steps to reproduce the problem. We can test the model in the version you have as well as the latest version. You can upload the zip file using one of the methods described here: Sharing Hydraulic Model Files on the Haestad Forum
6) What is your availability and contact information for a remote desktop sharing session, to troubleshoot? Feel free to send this to me via private message.
Jesse DringoliTechnical Support Manager, OpenFlows ProductsBentley Communities Site AdministratorBentley Systems, Inc.
<![endif]>Version: V8i 08.11.06.113 64 bit 1/27/2016
<![endif]>Not limited to this hydraulic model. It does not happen in all models.
<![endif]>Tried moving both files to different folders – no difference in results. I can re-open the model file, add one scenario, run it and save the data. When I either
open a new one, change the demand values, or switch to an existing model, the software crashes. I sent a copy of the error log yesterday, and hopefully someone can review it.
<![endif]>I will re-upload the file with a summary of when the model crashed.
<![endif]>Generally best availability is after lunch, between 1:30 and 5:00 pm
Lee Niles, P.E. | Sr. Project EngineerPape-Dawson Engineers,
Inc.TBPE Firm Registration #470 | TBPLS Firm Registration
2000 NW Loop 410,
San Antonio, TX 78213P:
210.375.9000 | E:
San Antonio | Austin | Houston | Fort Worth |
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICEThis electronic mail
transmission may be confidential, may be privileged, and should be read or
retained only by the intended recipient.If you have received this
transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete it from
Hi Lee, thanks for the information. See my private message for details on the specific Service Requests in the past. I'm sorry to hear that spam filters may be involved - please add Support@Bentley.com to your safe senders list.
I received your crash logs (thanks) and have reviewed them. Based on some basic research, I believe this is a known issue that was resolved in the latest release. I was able to reproduce this in the version you have, by making a change to the unit demand collection field of a junction, then switching scenarios. I was not able to reproduce the issue in the latest release, 10.01.00.72.
Are you able to upgrade to the CONNECT Edition, or do you need to stay on V8i SELECTseries 6?
Can you confirm that you are making changes to *unit* demands before these issues occur?
Regarding the Utilities group - that is a separate department unrelated to WaterGEMS. For WaterGEMS questions, be sure to choose WaterGEMS/Haestad as the Product/Brand in the Service Request Manager, or post in this forum (Haestad).
Let me know if the above does not help and I will plan to call you this afternoon.
Answer Verified By: Sushma Choure