I'm using loadbuilder to assign customer meters to the adjacent pipe (via laterals), then node. Very often the laterals bypass the adjacent pipe and travel diagonally to unrelated nodes. What am I doing wrong ?
Make sure the elements near the customer meters are active and included in the pipe layer and node layer that you are selecting. For instance, choose the pipe layer "Pipe\All Pipes" and "Junctions\All Junctions" would assure that they are used (assuming they are active).
This link has other information on using customer meters with taps and laterals. If that doesn't help, we will likely need to see a copy of the model, along with the steps that you are taking in LoadBuilder. This link has information on how to send the models to us.
Hi Scott, I just typed out a response and attached the model - didi you get it ?
Tea Gardens MASTER 23 Feb v14.wtg.zip
I'm an experienced planner and modeller but a new comer to WaterGems
I've checked the customer meters are active & I know I chose the pipe layer "Pipe\All Pipes" and "Junctions\All Junctions" when importing.
The things I think I did wrong are :
1. Reduced the no of short lengths of pipe by : selecting the adjacent longer pipe, right clicking - "reconnect"" and reconnected the longer pipe to a D/S junction. Then deleted the orphaned junction and short length of pipe
2. Hydrants: I imported the hydrants. When Validating, I received 100's of User Notifications about Hydrants not being connected to the model. So I did a batch pipe split using ""all hydrants"" selection set. This solved the user notifications but created 100's of additional junctions. I then morphed hydrants & junctions - ??? .
I've attached the most current model file - I've already manually reconnected the laterals to the correct pipe by connecting them all to an existing D/S tap. You can still see the sections of pipe which seem to have been "taboo" to Loadbuilder.
Can you help:
I'd like to be able to automatically better connect the taps/laterals to adjacent pipes. Thanks
Also, can you help me better import & install the hydrants into the model. Thanks
Thanks very much,
Thank you for uploading model files. Can you please confirm which version of WaterGEMS / WaterCAD you are using?
I first, global edited associated elements of customer meters as None using Flex tables and then removed all laterals from model.
Then re-ran Loadbuilder to assign customer meters to nearest pipes with the help of laterals. It got attached correctly to nearest pipes, can you please check?
Customer elements issue.zip
About importing hydrants and connecting it to the network, it will be a good practice if you are importing hydrants, junctions and pipes data altogether at one time, this will create pipes based on hydrants and junctions as node elements.
Best option would be adding pipes to the GIS data that attach to the hydrant. This will assure connectivity of the system while importing through Modelbuilder.
If this is not possible then using batch pipe split would be the option to go.
Using batch pipe split to fix nodes that overlay a pipe instead of connecting to it
Bentley Technical Suppport
Thanks so much, It worked.
I deleted associated elements from Meters, I deleted the laterals and I deleted the Taps. Then re-ran Loadbuilder using Ällpipes/Hydrants. It looks great - thank you.
I'm using WatergGems connect Update 2 .