Please assist, a user has sent me this for help and I am in transit and unable to assist for the next few hours.
WA corrected controls.ctlWestern Aqueduct_As-Built Current Demands_Rev 5.1.zip
He has a model which he has saved from EPANET (.inp) and imported into WaterGEMS but id does not work as well in WaterGEMS (errors).
Please see the attached (model, control file and screen grabs) and advise further.
The user notifications shows that the control conditions are not imported correctly in WaterGEMS, which can be seen in below screenshot, so WaterGEMS assumes that condition elements are not defined for these controls, as condition elements are seen as none in controls.
There appears to be duplicate controls as well in the model. Let me dig into this further and get back to you.
Bentley Technical Suppport
While looking at sample models from EPANET I saw that for simple controls on tank in EPANET it is denoted as NODE 1 e.g. not TANK 1. So I replaced tank word with node in EPANET and then exported the file as .NET and then imported in WaterGEMS then controls are imported correctly.
After computing the model there are user notifications like junctions are disconnected as tanks become full.
In WaterGEMS whenever tank becomes empty or full the a built-in altitude valve will close the adjacent pipe., making the network disconnected.
So you see those user notifications about junctions being disconnected and tanks becoming full. You would need to revise your controls so as tanks not become completely empty or completely full. Please see below technote for reference on this.
What happens when a tank becomes empty or full? (altitude valve)
I am working on this model again and I am trying to rationalize the process flow here. the tanks have been defined in EPANET and the model runs successfully as supposed to, as there are TANKS. When these are changed to NODE you are only referring to the name only or the entire element type as that would make the model incorrect as that would mean there would be no tanks.
Should this change be in the model or the control file or both.
I am not that well versed on EPANET so this is also a discovery on my part.
When I replace the word 'TANK' with NODE the model runs successfully in EPANET but once exported as .inp and imported into WaterGEMS when run a new set of errors come up:
-1 "(N/A)" "Action" "9501" "" (N/A) "Unknown status value in control action (12.140). Value assumed as SETTING." EPANET import-1 "(N/A)" "Action" "9504" "" (N/A) "Unknown status value in control action (9.10). Value assumed as SETTING." EPANET import-1 "(N/A)" "Action" "9507" "" (N/A) "Unknown status value in control action (12.6). Value assumed as SETTING." EPANET import-1 "(N/A)" "Action" "9510" "" (N/A) "Unknown status value in control action (6.7). Value assumed as SETTING." EPANET import-1 "(N/A)" "Action" "9513" "" (N/A) "Unknown status value in control action (13.55). Value assumed as SETTING." EPANET import
I've tried to search what these refer to but I can't find anything.