One of the following licensing related messages may be appearing when opening a SELECTServer-licensed version of one of the above products (10.01.01.04 and earlier).
NOTE: for troubleshooting CONNECT Licensing-enabled versions of these products (10.02.XX.XX and greater), please see: Licensing OpenFlows | Hydraulics and Hydrology products - CONNECT Licensing"The license server could not be contacted during the required period. Some calculating and printing features will be disabled or, for some products, the application will not run. Please contact the Bentley Technical Support Group.""No license configurations are available for <Product_Name>""You are currently running in disconnected mode. You will need to connect to the SELECTserver within "X" days in order to remain activated. Would you like to run the License Management Tool now?"
First, ensure that you've followed the steps to set the default feature configuration -
1. Close the OpenFlows product.
2. Open the Municipal License Administrator(Start > All Programs > Bentley > [Product Name] > Municipal License Administrator)
3. Go to Tool > Options > Verify
Ensure that this verifies. If it does not, make sure that you are connected to the internet and that you typed the server name and activation key in correctly. Make sure there are no spaces before or after the server name or the activation key. Click OK.
4. Click the Refresh Configurations button. Make sure the features column shows the correct information for your Bentley OpenFlows licenses.
5. Select the product license with the appropriate features, and click the "Make Default" button. You will see a ">>>" in the "Default" column next to the license.
6.Close the Municipal License Administrator and then browse back to Start > All Programs > Bentley > <Product Name> and click on "License Management Tool".
7.Go to Tools > "Send Logs Now" - when this completes, go back and run this command a few more times to ensure that everything is synchronized.
8.Open the program. If any warnings appear, acknowledge them, close the program and repeat step 7.
9. If this does not work and the message comes up again you can use the steps found in the section of this wiki titled "Non-SELECT Licenses" that explain how to check out a license file. SELECT users should not have to do this, but if you need to use the software immediately this is a potential solution. If you have to use this method please contact technical support when you have time to troubleshoot the issue further.
These steps can be used in rare circumstances when all else fails.
WARNING: Extra care should be taken when modifying the registry. When clicking on "computer", you can click File > Export to save a backup copy of the registry. You might also want to contact your IT department to help you with the steps below.
1. Close the software and make sure to close the Municipal License Administrator (MLA) tool and License Management Tool (LMT) if they are open
2. Open the registry and make a backup of it or call you IT department to perform the next steps.
3. In the registry browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bentley\Municipal Products Group\Licensing\1.1 and delete the folder in there titled 'Applications'
4. In the registry browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Bentley\Municipal Products Group\Licensing\1.1 and delete the folder in there titled 'Applications'
5. In the registry browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Software\Bentley\Municipal Products Group\Licensing\1.1 and delete the folder in there titled 'Applications'
Note: Some of the folders in the above locations may not exist. If they don't just skip that step and move on to the next one.
6. Use the steps in this wiki article to reset the defaults in the MLA tool and then send logs using the LMT tool.
On rare occasion it as been found that opening the 32-bit version of the OpenFlows product can help resolve licensing issues with the 64-bit version:
1. Close the OpenFlows product.
2. Open the license management tool (Start > All Programs > Bentley > Application Name > license management tool) and go through the activation steps to make sure the product is activated (Tools > Product activation Wizard)
3. Open the 32 bit application by browsing to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bentley\<Application Name>" and clicking on the executable file there, which should be titled <Application_Name>.exe (e.g. WaterGEMS.exe, SewerCAD.exe)
4. Open the 64 bit version of the application, which can be accessed by clicking on the icon on your desktop or by browsing to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bentley\<Application Name>\x64" and clicking on the executable file there, which should be titled <Application_Name>.exe (e.g. WaterGEMS.exe, SewerCAD.exe). Now check the help information to see if the registration took by going to Help > About <Product Name> (e.g. About WaterGEMS, About SewerCAD)
5. Open the 32 bit application again and check to see if the licensing information took by looking in the Help > About <Product Name> window.
The following window may appear when opening the product.
This window is intended for debug/troubleshoot purposes, and should only show if you have the Windows Environment Variable HLMDEBUG=1, or if you accidentally held down the CTRL (Control) key during opening of the product.
Hydraulics and Hydrology Product Licensing (Activation) FAQs and Troubleshooting [TN]