WaterGEMS, SewerGEMS, CivilStorm, SewerCAD, WaterCAD
How do I enter time series field data and add it to my graph? (so that I can graph observed data along with calculated results)
If you have observed data that you would like to plot on a graph for an element so that you can view it layered on top of your model data, Time Series Field data can be used. This enables you to see how well calibrated your model data is to your field data and help identify differences in your model.
Note: the latest versions of the Water and Storm/Sewer products have a SCADA Element, which may be a much better option for viewing field data alongside model results.
1) Go to Components > Time Series Field Data
2) Right click on the element that you'd like to enter time series field data for and choose 'Add'
3) Choose the associated modeling attribute (property) which you will be creating the time series field data for
4) Choose the start date and time the data was collected, click the ellipsis button next to the element row to select that element in the drawing to which the time series field data will be associated with, and finally enter your time series field data in the table below.
5) In the model right click on the element you added the time series field data for and choose graph. When the graph series options dialog opens you can select Flow under the common or results section which will add your model results to the graph. Next, go to the time series field data result (highlighted below in red) and select the time series field data property.
My time series data is not lining up with my results
It takes too long to set this up for many elements
Consider the SCADA Signal feature. See article below for more.
Importing Time Series Data Using ModelBuilder
New SCADA Element annotation and reporting abilities
Negative values shown for Time in Time Series Field Data