You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
Move tabular data to or from another application, such as Excel.
The Bentley hydraulic and hydrology applications contain tabular data in several places. Some examples are FlexTables, graphs (data tab), profiles (data tab), pump curves. The steps below are for moving data between Bentley hydraulic and hydrology applications and Microsoft Excel, however it can also be used for other applications.
1. Select the data to be moved.
2. Press [Ctrl + C] to copy the data. (Copy will not be available when right-clicking)
3. Press [Ctrl + V] to paste into the destination program, or another method depending on the program.
1. Open the FlexTable (View menu > FlexTables).2. Add the field(s) that will be used to sort the data if they aren't already in the FlexTable (Edit icon).3. Right-click column header, select Sort, and select Ascending, Descending or Custom.Note: The Custom sort option allows you to sort by more than one attribute. For example, you can sort by the X coordinate and then by the Y coordinate.
4. Sort the incoming data the same way in Excel (Data tab > Sort).
Note: Excel also allows you to sort by more than one column.
5. Select the data in Excel and copy by pressing [Ctrl+C] or right-click and choose Copy.6. In the Bentley hydraulic and hydrology application data table, click in the cell to paste the top left corner of the copied data, then press [Ctrl+V].
How can you export a profile into another format?
How to copy data from a profile or graph
How do I select columns in flextables, conduit catalogs, graph data tables, alternatives, etc...?