When attempting to validate a model, the following red user notification appears:
"Failed to validate model. The model may be corrupt or contain incomplete information."
This is a generic validation message, which can happen in cases where an unexpected situation was encountered, with no specific validation message for it.
First, try upgrading to the latest version of the application.
Next, if you are using version 10.02.03.06 of WaterGEMS, WaterCAD of HAMMER, see this article about a known issue: Computing model saved in version 10.02.03.XX results in "Failed to validate model."
If upgrading doesn't help, or if you cannot upgrade, close the model and browse to where the model file are saved. Create a new folder and copy just the .wtg and .wtg.sqlite files into the new folder. Then open the model from the new folder location. If there is an issue with one of the supporting files, this may help.
If that doesn't help, try importing the database file into a new drawing by going to File > Import > WaterGEMS database or WaterCAD database, and selecting the database file. This can help if there is an issue with the .wtg file.
If that doesn't help, here are some things to check:
1) Pipes missing end nodes. Try running the "Pipes Missing Nodes" query in network Navigator
2) Issues with control conditions or actions. Under Components >Controls, check all conditions and actions, make sure they reference valid settings and element labels.
3) Problems with pump definitions. Check the pump definition for all pumps used in the model. Make sure the type of pump definition is correct and that the head/flow values are reasonable.
4) Problems with fire flow selection set. If you're computing an automated fire flow analysis, check the fire flow selection set in the fire flow alternative. Make sure the selection set contains valid elements.
5) Problems with active demand adjustment scope. Check the adjustment fields in your calculation options. If any are active, check the scope or try setting them to "none".
If the above does not help, send the model to technical support for assistance.
Using Network Navigator
Creating Controls - Conditions, Actions and Control Sets (V8i)