I would like to enter varying tailwater elevations for the same composite outlet structure for different storm events. Ideally, I would like to be able to vary the tailwater elevation using different scenarios/alternatives instead of creating multiple outlet structures with the same configuration and turning them on and off. How can I do this?
How do I vary my tailwater elevations for an outfall for different storm events?
1) Go into the composite outlet structure manager (Components > Composite Outlet Structures) and left click on the outlet structure label. It should highlight in blue
2) Now click the duplicate icon, which looks like two pieces of paper with an orange arrow connecting them. It's the fourth icon if you start counting from the left. What you're going to do is duplicate the one outlet structure that you are going to be varying the tailwater elevation for. You should probably rename each with an identifying label.
3) Next you will make sure you have all your scenarios created for each storm event that you will be running.
4) Then you will make a new physical child alternative for each different storm event or outlet structure configuration you will have. Make sure to name these appropriately too.
5) Drill into each new physical alternative that you create (by double clicking on it) and click on the pond outlet tab. Here you can set which composite outlet structure you want associated with the particular alternative.
6) The last step is to assign those alternatives to the correct scenarios
1) Make sure you have all your scenarios created for each storm event that you will be running.
2) Make a new child "Boundary Condition" alternative for each different storm event or outfall that will have a different tailwater curve that need. Make sure to name these appropriately.
3) Assign the newly created boundary condition alternatives to the appropriate scenarios. Then make each of the scenarios current one by one and enter the time-elevation curve on the outfall.