How do I select the end nodes of pipes in the selection set, for example end nodes of pipes of certain diameters?
Problem ID#: 59982,
This can be done using the Network Navigator tool.
In V8i and CONNECT Edition, the query called Find Adjacent Nodes can be used.
1) Highlight pipes of interest (for example double click a selection set), then open Network Navigator.
2) Choose the ">"button and go to Network Trace > Find Adjacent Nodes. The nodes attached to the highlighted pipes will appear in the Network Navigator dialog.
3) Highlight the nodes in the drawing by selecting the "Select in Drawing" icon.
4) You can then apply them to an existing selection set or a new one. This is done by right-clicking in the drawing pane with the elements highlight and selecting with "Add to Select Set" or "Create Selection Set".
Starting with the CONNECT Edition, a new query is available to select only the start nodes of the selected pipes, or only the stop nodes.
2) Choose the ">"button and go to Network Trace > Find Adjacent Start Nodes or Find Adjacent Stop Nodes. The nodes attached to the highlighted pipes will appear in the Network Navigator dialog.