How do I automatically get my layers in WaterGEMS, SewerGEMS, and HAMMER for ArcMap and WaterGEMS for ArcGIS Pro to populate the symbology used in the standalone version?
In WaterGEMS for ArcGIS Pro, go to the Insert tab, then go to Styles > Import. Select the .style file from the WaterGEMS installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Bentley\WaterGEMS\WaterGEMS_CONNECTEdition.style). This will create the .stylx file needed for the next step.
Next, go to Insert > Style > Add > Add Style. Browse to the .stylx file.
1) First, see if there is a style file already stored in the WaterGEMS installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Bentley\WaterGEMS). This file will be called either "WaterGEMS_CONNECTEdition.style" (for WaterGEMS CONNECT Edition) or "wtrgV8i.style" (for WaterGEMS V8i). If you do not have a style file, download this WaterGEMS for ArcMap Style file and save the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bentley\WaterGEMS" on a 64 bit computer. You can save it to any other location but the WaterGEMS installation file is the recommended location so that it is not misplaced.
2) Open WaterGEMS for ArcMap. From that ArcMap toolbar click Customize > Style Manager...
3) In the Style Manager window click the 'Styles...' button on the upper right hand side. This will open the Style References window.
4) In the Style References window click the 'Add Style to List...' button and browse to the location that you saved the style file in step 2 and then click the Open button.
5) After that click the "Set as Default List" button on the Style References window to add this style to the default list that is populated when opening ArcMap. Next hit the OK button to close the Style References window.
6) Finally, click the "Close" button to close the Style Manager window.
Now when you go to add in a new or existing WaterGEMS projects all the WaterGEMS symbology will automatically come in when the layers are added to the table of contents.
** If you wanted to only bring in a few icon for the WaterGEMS layers (eg. just the pipes, junctions, pumps, and tanks) you could locate the newly added style in the Style manager window and click the "+" plus sign next to it. This expands the items that make up the style. Next click on the 'Marker Symbols' folder which opens the symbol names and their icons on the right side of the window. The last step is to simple add an underscore 1 "_1" to the end of the name for the element. Then click the close button. The next time you add an existing model or a new model that layers (elements) symbol we result to the default symbol. See the screen shot below. **
The steps below describe how to simply add the WaterGEMS symbol style to ArcMap without automatically having the WaterGEMS icons populate the layer symbology can be found here.
On the main ArcMap toolbar go to Customize > Style Manager...
Click the "Style" button on the far right side of this window.
Click the "Add Style to List..." button in lower left corner of the window
Browse out to "C:\Program Files\Bentley\WaterGEMS" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bentley\WaterGEMS" on a 64 bit computer and locate the file called "wtrgV8i.style". Click on it to select it and hit the "Open" button.
Now click the "OK" button to close the "Style References" window and then click the "Close" button to close the "Style Manager" window.
Go to each symbol in the Table of Contents and when you go to change the symbol by double clicking on it the WaterGEMS symbols there will be an option to choose from the list.
WaterGEMS for ArcGIS FAQ's