How to create a selection set of Bentley Hydraulics and Hydrology model elements from an ArcMap polygon?
1. Set which element types (ie. layers) are "selectable".
a. Open the Table of Contents, and click the "List by Selection" icon at the top.
b. Click the first icon to the right of the layer name to toggle if that layer is selectable.
2. Create or import the polylines into the ArcMap map document.
3. (Optional) Select the boundary polygon to use.
Note: This is not necessary if the polygon feature layer only contains one polygon.
4. Select the elements within the polygon boundary
a. Open the Selection Menu and choose "Select By Location".
b. Selection method: select features from
c. Target layer(s): [the element types (ie. layers) to select]
d. Source layer: [the polygon layer]
e. "Use selected features": Enable this if you selected the polygon in the last step.
f. "Spatial selection method for target layer feature(s)": The example below used "have their centroid in the source layer feature(s)". This was used to select the pipe at the bottom of the polygon, but exclude the junction (that one of the polygon points was snapped to).
g. Click OK.
5. Click the Bentley product's (ie, WaterGEMS, SewerGEMS, or HAMMER) Select tool
6. Right-click in the drawing and choose "Create Selection Set".
7. Give the Selection Set a name and click OK.
8. Repeat steps 3-7 as needed
WaterGEMS For ArcGIS [FAQ]
SewerGEMS For ArcGIS [FAQ]