||WaterGEMS, WaterCAD, HAMMER, SewerGEMS, SewerCAD, StormCAD, CivilStorm, PondPack, FlowMaster, CulvertMaster
ProjectWise Share (PW Share), part of the ProjectWise 365 solution, is an instantly available, easy to configure File Sharing Service that’s associated with a CONNECT Project. It provides CONNECT Edition applications, Cloud Services and Mobile applications the ability to save and / or consume files from a common cloud repository and CONNECTED Users an easy, secure way to share files with Team Members.
ProjectWise Share avoids time-consuming processes and improves coordination on your projects by:
- Exchanging files of any size quickly through a centralized, easy-to-use platform
- Allowing designated project participants to easily access files without opening your firewall
- Discovering up-to-date files readily by organizing them in an intuitive, project-based context
- Reducing disruptions to your workflows via integration with select Bentley design applications
To apply PW Share to your workflow your company needs to have a Visa access for the ProjectWise 365 Services.
Using ProjectWise Share with OpenFlows Products
Note: see the important information below about a known issue with file synchronization when using ProjectWise Share with OpenFlows products. Also see this article for more general information on Multi-user workflows.
The modeling workflow will have as a foundation the cloud repository mirrored to each user computer visualized in Windows Explorer.
Each folder under the ProjectWise Share tree structure is a CONNECTED Project, and they are being synchronized to Windows Explorer.
To make a PW Share folder mirrored to Windows Explorer, access the CONNECT Portal, open your CONNECTED Project and click on Share:
Select the Folder or Subfolder to be Syncronized to Windows Explorer, and click in the Elipsis button and select “Set for synchronization” as shown below:
If necessary, you can create new subfolders to synchronize a specific tree structure of folders.
Each team member should do this step to set the synchronization in their machines.
After doing this, the synchronization between your machine and the cloud repository will be managed by the CONNECTION Client app, where you can defined the frequency to automatically have them synchronized. Accessing CONNECTION Client preferences, under the Share menu, you can specify the time frequency (minimum time is 5 minutes) and also you can run the synchronization manually by clicking in “Sync Now”:
You can save your Hydraulic Model into the synchronized folder thru Windows Explorer to get them uploaded to the cloud repository.
It´s highly recommended to ensure your have your machine synced to the upload before editing files.
Before starting editing, it´s also recommended to lock the file (Check Out), so if another member tries to open as well, the member opens it as read-only. The lock command can be done via Windows Explorer with right click menu, as follows, or directly thru the browser.
After finishing the edition, you can unlock the file and Sync the Hydraulic Model to the cloud.
CONNECTION Client Configuration
As of August, 2020, there is a known issue (reference # 395122) that affects the two-way synchronization of SQLITE files (which are used by OpenFlows products), and a workaround to fix the problem is described below:
- Find Bentley.Connect.Client.exe.config. It should be located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bentley Shared\CONNECTION Client
- Administrator rights are needed to edit file. There are multiple ways to do that. Here is one:
- Click windows icon
- Type: notepad
- Right click on it and click Run as administrator.
- Click ‘File’ in Notepad
- Click ‘Open’
- By default only folders and text files are showed. So change it to show all files
- Open Bentley.Connect.Client.exe.config
- Find EnableDFT tag: <add key="EnableDFT" value="true" />
- Change true to false.
- Save the file
- Restart Connection Client
ProjectWise Share Questions and Support
If you need any further support for PW Share please rise your question in this dedicated Forum, or submit a Service Request.
About ProjectWise Share