||WaterGEMS, WaterCAD, SewerCAD, StormCAD, CivilStorm, SewerGEMS
||CONNECT Edition, V8i
||Dan Iannicelli, Bentley Technical Support Group
User cannot populate properties inside the following products for AutoCAD:. WaterGEMS, SewerGEMS, WaterCAD, SewerCAD, StormCAD, or CivilStorm. Please check for the following symptoms.
- If you double-click on any element, it should bring up an AutoCAD command in the command line for that particular window.
- When you double-click and nothing would come up, followed by a blank in display.
To fix this issue, you may have to drag the edge of the drawing over from the left or the right. With user notifications, which are often displayed below the drawing, you may need to drag the bottom of the drawing up. If the manager or dialog is hidden behind the drawing, this will show the manager or dialog. The screenshots below show where you should be able to grab the edge of the drawing to move it:
If other managers are already visible, it is also possible that the properties display is hidden behind another manager. The following video can help with cases like that:
To locate the user notifications window place your cursor in the region in the red box in the screen capture below (directly below the command line window) and look for this cursor:
Reset AutoCAD Settings to Default
If the above steps don't resolve the issue, you can try resetting the AutoCAD settings to default.
- To do this, first close all instances of AutoCAD and the Hydraulic and Hydrology product.
- Go to, Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD > Reset Settings to Default.
- Select either "Back up and reset custom settings" (recommended) or "Reset custom settings" (without backing current settings up).
- Open the Hydraulics and Hydrology application for AutoCAD.
- An AutoCAD Alert will appear stating "No Profile name exists: [product] will create Profile with default settings." Click OK.
- All interface settings should now be set to the default and the dialogs should display again.
Property grid, Element FlexTable, or other dialog will not open