Only install the 32-bit components for the SELECTseries 3 versions of the products.
Some users only want to have access to the 32-bit versions of the software. The steps below will help with this.
*The steps below use WaterGEMS as an example, but apply the the versions of the products listed above.
There is a switch to turn off the installation of 64-bit components, but it can be applied only to the .MSI and not to the entire setup.exe. This means that you'll have to extract the contents of the WaterGEMS.exe file to some location. Below are the steps that will walk you through how to do this.
1) If you don't have program that can extract the files from a .EXE file first download that. A program like WinRAR can do this.
2) Open the WaterGEMS executable file using WinRAR and place all the contents of the file into a folder.
3) Locate the file called "Settings.ini". Right-click the file and select properties. On the General tab remove the check from the box that says "Read-only," then click Apply and OK.
4) Now open the "Settings.ini" file in a text editor like Notepad. Add the following line under the section [Prerequisites] section of this document:
After you add this line, save and then close the file.
5) Do the reverse of step 3 so that you make the file "Read-only" again.
6) Locate the file called "PrereqInst32.exe " and double-click it to run the file. This should just install the 32ibit components for WaterGEMS.
There is a switch to turn off the installation of 64-bit components butit can be applied only to the msi and not to the entire setup.exe. Sothis means that the setup.exe needs to be unpacked to a location on yourhard drive using the following command:Setup.exe /C /T:C:\somepathWith the files extracted, one of the files is Settings.ini. You canmodify Settings.ini file to have the following line added to [Prerequisites] section:[Prerequisites]Install32bitOnly=1Save the ini file and run the following:PrereqInst32.exe /qThis will execute the installer silently and it will install just the32-bit components.