The Worldsensing CMT Edge API connection supports the connection and transfer of data from CMT Edge into the iTwin IoT platform.
For information about Worldsensing gateways and loggers and the sensors compatible with each, please visit our Partner Device Registry.
This article will guide the user in setting up the Worldsensing Edge to iTwin IoT API connection.
An API key from the iTwin IoT asset will be required in order to establish the data transfer connection between Worldsensing and iTwin IoT. This section will guide the user in retrieving an API key from iTwin IoT.
1. Navigate to the Asset that data will be pushed to in iTwin IoT. From any page, click on the "Configure" icon in the lower left side of the page.
2. The user will be directed to the "Asset Configuration" page. The API key will be available within a tile on this page. The API key can either be highlighted and copied, or the "Copy to Clipboard" button will save it for pasting in future steps.
Worldsensing and Loadsensing device configuration is performed through the CMT Edge network management software.
Set up all projects and devices within the CMT Edge application. Please contact Worldsensing support with any questions regarding CMT Edge app login or Gateway and Device configuration.
Once configured, the API connection is ready to be set up in iTwin IoT.
1. Within the iTwin IoT application, begin by navigating to the Connectivity Module.
2. Click on the "+Connection" icon.
3. Select Worldsensing from the available Connections list on the left sidebar.
4. Click the "Select" icon on the Loadsensing G6 Gateway cloud tile.
5. Network ID- Input the network ID found on the Networks page (image 1) or on Status page (image 2) of the CMT Edge application.
6. Gateway ID- Input the Gateway ID, which can be found in the URL or on the Status page of the CMT Edge application.
7. Username- Input your CMT Edge username used for logging into the application.
8. Password- Input your CMT Edge password used for logging into the application.
Click "Next" once all information has been input.
9. The next page will be the Edit Configuration page for the connection. Standard configurations are available. After configuration changes have been made, click "Next".
Once complete, Devices and Sensors will begin populating within the Connectivity module and observations will begin streaming from CMT Edge.