The Strand is a wireless mesh VW Logger that transmits data via a Gateway Thread. Each Strand has 4 available channels for VW sensors.
1) Navigate to the connections page by clicking on the icon on the left side of the page.
2) Click on the icon at the top right-hand corner of the connections column to be redirected to the Configure New Connection page.
3) Make sure you have Sensemetrics selected in the manufacturer column on the left-hand side of the page.
4) Click the button under the Strand description.
5) You will now be prompted to enter the serial number of the Strand that you are trying to configure. The serial number can be found on the silver sticker located inside of the Strand, below the QR code.
Note: If the Strand has not radio connected to a Gateway Thread you will see an Invalid Serial Number error. Please refer to the Strand LED Status Indication and the Performing a Reset on a Strand article if you are having trouble with your Strand radio connection.
Your Strand will be added to the connections column, and you may begin configuring the Strand settings.
6) Now that the strand connection is added to the connections column, you will highlight the box to the left of the Strand in the connections column.
7) Click on the intended Strand in the Devices & Sensors column to open the Edit Configuration page.
8) Clicking the button will take you to the configuration page for each wired VW you have in this Strand. More information for this can be found in the Installing, Configuring, and Adding Strand Sensors Article.
9) Here you can change the name of the Strand. it is recommended to keep the Serial Number of the strand in the name next to the changed Strand name for easier troubleshooting.
10) The sampling interval can be changed from 5 minutes to 24 hours, depending on the desired sampling frequency of the wired sensors.
11) The reporting interval tells the strand when to send data via radio to its connected Gateway Thread. It is recommended that this interval matches the wake duration of the connected Gateway Thread to allow for easier data transmission.
Note: It is recommended to keep the reporting interval shorter or the same as the sampling interval to make sure that the Strand does not build up a large backlog of data.
12) Setting the location of the Strand will allow you to view the connection in the correct location in the Spatial Module. This can also be done by dragging and dropping the Strand icon in the Spatial Module.
13) Notes can be added in this section for any important information about the setup or use of the connection.
Note: Be sure to hit apply after any changes have been made to the configuration or they will not save.