The SELECTServer Gateway cannot activate if using the same user as the Default Website in IIS if the default website requires the use of Integrated Windows Authentication. If the Server running SELECTServer Requires Windows Authentication to view the Administration Page a second user will need to be created and will need to be entered into the WS Sub Directory. The following are steps for creating a user and adding it to the WS Folder assuming the server is not run as a domain controller. If the server is set as a Domain Controller, a user will need to be created using Active Directory, and steps 2 through 9 can be bypassed.
1. Open Computer Management.
2. Expand local users and groups
3. Open the Users folder
4. Right click the screen and choose New User
5. create a new user and a strong password. Uncheck User must change password and next logon and check user cannot change password and password never expires.
6. click create
7. Expand the groups folder under local users and groups
8. Double click the users group and confirm the new user is a member
9. Click ok
10. Expand Services and applications
11. Expand Internet Information Services
12. Expand Websites
13. Expand Default Website
14. Right Click on the BSS directory and choose properties
15. Choose the Directory Security Tab and click the Edit button under Authentication and Access Control
16. Click Integrate Windows Authentication and then click Ok
17. Expand BSS
18. Right click on WS and choose properties
19. Choose the Directory Security Tab and click the Edit button under Authentication and Access Control
20. Click Integrate Windows Authentication and then click Ok
21. Expand BSS
22. Right Click on the WS directory and choose properties
23. Choose the Directory Security Tab and click the Edit button under Authentication and Access Control
24. Change the user name to the new user created in step 5 above.
25. Enter the created password and click ok
26. Confirm Password
27. Choose Start>Run> type in IISRESET > click Ok
28. When the CMD prompt disappears, reopen the administration page.