So, It appears to me that Bentley has changed it's licensing system from helpful to a scam.
About 3 months ago I was contacted by an "account representative" that told me that I had several occasions where I was over the number of licenses that I had purchased, which wasn't possible....since I am a 5 person firm with only THREE users, and have THREE licenses of Microstation, I was told by this "Account representative" that I needed to sign up for a different licensing agreement or I would be assigned the more expensive one without it being my choice. So I did...I agreed to "Select open access"...this was suppose to be the best solution to me according to this account rep.
This week I got a "WARNING" that I would be recieving a punitive invoice for OVER USE of my agreed license unless I purchased another copy of microstation, and was sent a spreadsheet that showed 4 days over the past 3 months that there were 4 uses of Microstation.....the impending invoice is $5000.
The best part is that the FORTH license is being reported from a computer that is only used by a remote person to remote desktop into to connect to our server, not a forth employee.
I have asked this "Account representative" to give me his supervisors information and so far he has refused.
We let Bentley host our licenses, so it's their own reporting feature that they claim is showing a forth hit, and I will say this again......4 days in 3 months. The Account rep stated which computers were the culprit, and one is a computer that is set up for a remote user to connect into from a separate location, it's never used as a workstation. I'm guessing that I got on that computer to fix an issue, or load a new version of Microstation, and THAT'S where the reading happens, but if they think I'm going to buy an additional $5000 license because of that, they're wrong.