All SELECTserver OnLine users (hosted option), upgrades are managed by Bentley's SELECTserver Team. As such there is no need for the user to preform an upgrade for SELECTserver. The user may still choose to upgrade their SELECTserver Gateway Service at any time.
When upgrading your deployed SELECTserver to the current version, you must first uninstall the old SELECTserver XM before installing the current version. To retain the serial number, activation keys, and database connection string, do not check the box to remove settings when uninstalling from add/remove programs.
The SELECTserver Gateway service requires a SELECTserver version greater than 188.8.131.52. The "SELECTserver Gateway" will not start unless the SELECTserver it is configured to connect to is version 184.108.40.206 or higher. For this reason it is recommended that you upgrade your central SELECTserver and then any standalone gateways. Previous version of the SELECTserver XM Gateway will continue to run against the newer SELECTserver version.
SELECTserver now provides an option to deploy SELECTserver at your location or have Bentley host your licenses for you. Your company's decision to host or deploy determines which SELECTserver component(s), if any, need to be installed. Additional information to help you decide which option is right for your company can be found here.
If you wish to Deploy SELECTserver locally at your site, you should install:
* SELECTserver and, if you need to run pre-XM Edition applications, the* SELECTserver Gateway service *
If you wish to have Bentley host your licenses:
* SELECTserver Gateway service *
* The SELECTserver XM Gateway service provides licensing backward compatibility to 2004 Edition and earlier versions. Therefore, the Gateway service is only required IF these applications will be run at your site.
* Custom Activation Groups - Enables the site administrator to subdivide their license pool into sub-pools. Usage data from Custom Activation Groups are collected in Custom Activation Groups Reports.* Custom Activation Groups Reports - Custom Activation Groups usage data is displayed in Custom Activation Group Reports and accordingly reported into the site the Custom Activation Group was created.
· New Standard Reports - These reports add more comprehensive insight into general usage statistics across your organization.
• Trusted Usage Report - This report shows applications that have reported usage in excess of the license quantity in the specified timeframe. The administrator can see the date usage occurred, usage over contact value and amount of hours overused.• ProjectWise Passport Usage Report - This report displays the number of ProjectWise Passports by site used in the course of the specified timeframe.
o App Usage by Hour Report - This report shows the administrator the in/out time stamp of an application on a users machine.
o Daily App Usage Report - This report shows total application usage and total days used by application across sites.
o Inventory By Machine - This report provides a breakdown of applications and their respective version numbers, reported by machine across sites.
· Usage History Reports - This new collection of reports are explicitly designed to show historically usage across your organization.
o Daily Machine Usage Report - This report provides a daily breakdown by application of machines that reported usage.
o Monthly Machine Usage Report - This report provides a monthly breakdown by application of machines that reported usage.
o Daily User Usage Report - This report provides a daily breakdown by application of users that reported usage.
o Monthly User Usage Report - This report provides a monthly breakdown by application of users that reported usage.
· Report Options Dialog - Report options must now be populated prior to running a report. The user will be presented with a tabbed dialog that presents many more reporting options for date, machine name, user name, site and application queries.
o The report export engine has been modified to increase performance and as an additional benefit, Word and CSV formats are now supported.
o Reports may now be sorted across multiple columns
· Time Zone Changes - Enables the administrator to specify the time zone in which, a sites' usage is recorded in. Previously all usage was recorded in GMT. Now the default is the local time zone of the server.
New Activation Status and NotificationsAll V8i SELECTseries I applications have a revamped activation wizard and license manager. Previous versions of the activation wizard only verified that the client could communicate with its SELECTserver and that the site activation key provided was valid. The re-styled activation wizard will now check the SELECTserver for a license and, if not found, will warn the user.The License Management Tool now displays the activation status of each product installed on the machine. An Activate button has been added to the Activation Status screen as well. Clicking the button when one or more products are selected will update the activation status for each product.New notification dialogs will ensure a better understanding of product behavior based on activation status. For more details, see the Be Communities WIKI entry on Product Activation.Product CheckoutThe checkout interface remains the same, however the code has been re-factored. The end result is a silky smooth system that accurately records time in any date format and extends database efficiency.
·Temporary Site Activation Keys
o Non-Expiring Keys - A temporary key may now be set to automatically renew with the site license.
o Move Keys - Keys may now be moved between sites and Custom Activation Groups. Product availability will be limited to the pool of the new site a temporary key is moved to.
· Mail Settings - Servers which require SSL connections are now supported.
· ELS Enhancements
o Structural Passports (formally USL) - SELECTserver now supports Structural Passports as a passport product
o ELS Feature Level Configuration - Allows the administrator to select feature configuration(s) for feature licensed products (Haestad), to be made available to the end user.
· Multi-Application Checkout - The checkout utility interface now allows for multiple products to be checked out to a machine.
· ProjectWise Passport Checkout - ProjectWise Passports may be checked out from the checkout utility.
· SELECTserver Dashboard Redesign - The dashboard may now be configured to only show dialogs necessary to your needs.
· 289376 - NewSome SelectServer reports show 2 application (Microstation) usages for the day when application (Microstation) was activated and a license checked out for it on the same machine by the same user.
· 289228 - SelectServer Gateway incorrectly supplies proxy credentials to MS ISA 2006 proxy server.
· 288928 - Unable to change Stormcad default licenase string configuration, Products with a Feature String Override (ELS Feature Level COnfiguration) are reported as an overage.
· 284678 - The license tool is not recognizing the max checkout interval if the date in the license tool is past the end of the Select server license expiration date.
· 287633 - SELECTserver is not utilizing FIPS compliant encryption algorythms.
· 285524 - Usage Log Processing failure. Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'DailyPeak'
· 282986 - Any entry in the Site Activation key field will verify against the SELECTserver server .
· 278486 - SelectServer gateway fails to authenticate to a proxy when domain\user name is used.
· 251978 New License Management tool displays two "Close" buttons at end of the Product Activation Wizard. Please see screenshot.
· 263007 Support request to change the default interface of the License Management Tool to be Activation Status panel instead of License CheckOut/In panel.
· 267762 (SPI) 64bit Web Parts are not activated after licensing and license keys are not created in registry
· 268567 LMT displays more than one type of feature string Activated in new LMT
· 269097 Structural passports are not being returned to the license pool after use.
· 269360 Installation error: Unable to load performance Counters. When installing SELECT Server version 08.11.01.64, the installer gets to a certain point and rolls back. Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.
· 268189 Reports: Hosted Usage by user report showing users not associated with site.
· 276052 Reports: SELECT user is seeing not expected numbers in the reports. Comparing two reports he can see a difference at some days.
· 270575 Custom Activation Groups: Error creating custom activation group. The cause of that issue is that specified owner is invalid because it is specified as ("dbo"). If it was not specified the Stored Procedure (SP) would be found
· 265906 Proxy basic authorization method not supported in Select Server.
· 256587 When using Daily Client Usage reports (Last 7 days) on a new install of SS will cause an Application error.
· 258548 When a site on the Hosted server selects the "NEW GROUP" button from the custom activation group page, the dialog box will come up but will eventually time out before any fields display.
· 256916 Report on hosted server for certain customer is incorrect. Peak Usage is higher than the number of different computers to connect that day.
Product TechNotes and FAQs
Licensing TechNotes and FAQs
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this "Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!