What is the purpose of this information?
For extended offline scenarios beyond the offline period of products (i.e. usually seven days), Subscription Entitlement Service provides the capability to reserve or check out licenses.
*Please note: An Organization needs to have one person with access to a machine that can check out a licence policy file that can be distributed to those without access.
How do I check out a license?
Step 1: Generate the license file
1. Open the Subscription Services Portal. Only users with Admin or Co-Administrator roles can access the Portal.
2. Click the Entitlement Management tile under Support Service & Administration Resources.
3. On the Entitlement Management site that appears, select License Checkout
4. On the License Checkout page, click the green New Checkout button along the right edge.
5. On the New License Checkout page, enter the name or email address of a Bentley login associated with your organization. To specify an email address, choose Email from the drop-down menu. In either case, select one of the matches that appear as you type.
*Please note: The user specified need not be the recipient of the license file. We recommend specifying the recipient if he or she has a Bentley login since the name will appear on the Active Checkouts list. Otherwise, specify the administrator generating the license file.
6. In the Machine ID field enter the computer name of the recipient's computer. The computer name can be retrieved from the System control panel.
7. Under the Select Products section, enter the name of a product. As you type, a list of search results will appear. Choose one from the list.
8. Enter a four-part version number in the Version field. This should match the version number of the product on the recipient's computer. It will be recorded on the Active Checkouts list for administrative purposes. By default, Entitlement Management will attempt to check out a license for one year. To specify a duration less than a year, click the calendar icon, and choose another date. Then click the green License Checkout button.
9. The browser will prompt to download a license file named license.belic. Save it, and transfer it to the recipient's computer.
10. For verification purposes, the checked out license will now appear in the Active Checkouts list with both a user name and computer name. Expand the listing by clicking the carat to see the product, version number, and expiration date for the license.
Step 2: Importing a license file on a client machine
1. Transfer the generated license.belic file to the recipient's computer.
2. Then import the license file via the Bentley Licensing Tool.
Step 3: Checking in a license from Entitlement Management
Licenses will automatically check in once they reach their expiration date, but administrators can check in a license early if necessary by selecting the three dots next to the listing in the Active Checkouts list and selecting "Check-in License" from the contextual menu.
Other language sources
Italiano , Français , Deutsch , Español , Polski