What is the purpose of this information?
For extended offline scenarios for multiple users beyond the offline period of products (i.e. usually seven days), Subscription Entitlement Service provides the capability to reserve or check out licenses.
*Please note: An Organization needs to have one person with access to a machine that can check out a licence policy file that can be distributed to those without access.
How do I check out a license?
Step 1: Generating license files
1. Open the Subscription Services Portal. Only users with the co-administrator role can access the Portal.
2. Click the Entitlement Management tile under Resources.
3. On the Entitlement Management site that appears, click the menu icon in the upper left corner, click the carat icon next to License Checkout to expand it, and select Bulk License Checkout.
4. On the Bulk License Checkout page, click the green New Checkout button along the right edge.
5. In the window that appears, click the Choose File button to select a CSV file containing email address and machine names. Click the "Download a sample" link for an example CSV file. Once a CSV file is selected, it will be validated, and any errors will be displayed. Otherwise, a green message will confirm proper formatting.
6. Enter a name for the bulk checkout. This will appear in the Description column on the Bulk License Checkout page.
7. Under Select Products, enter the name of a product. A drop-down menu will appear with suggested products as you type.
8. If the license covers child products, such as Structural Enterprise, you will be prompted to choose specific products afterwards.
9. Selected products will appear with a mandatory version field that must be filled with a four-part version number. As a best practice, these should match the versions of products installed on the intended workstations. These version numbers can be used later to determine the product versions for which licenses were originally checked out.
10. By default, the Bulk Checkout process will attempt to check out licenses for a year, but this date can be adjusted downward as needed by clicking the calendar icon.
11. Once all settings have been entered, the Bulk License Checkout will highlight with a bright green color. Click it to initiate the checkout process.
12. The Bulk License Checkout page will appear again, displaying the new job at the top of the list. The Status column will show progress of the checkout process.
13. Once complete, the Status column will update, and a Download link will appear in the Download column. Click it to download a zip archive containing the license files for all machines.
14. Open the zip archive to see a list of license files. Each is encoded with a machine name.
Step 2: Importing a license file on a client machine
1. Transfer the generated zip archive to a location accessible by recipient computers.
2. Then import the license file via the Bentley Licensing Tool.
Other Language Sources