You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
What is the purpose of this information?
The Subscription Entitlement Service provides a license alerting feature that can warn users before they exceed a Administrator-defined number of licenses being used simultaneously. This is not a hard limit, it is a warning so that a decision can be made.
*Please note: The license alerting feature described here does not detect usage from SELECTserver-based products. Only products using the Subscription Entitlement Service can benefit from license alerting. Upgrade to Subscription Entitlement Service-based product versions whenever possible to increase the effectiveness of license alerting.
How do I configure alerts?
2. Click on the Entitlement Management tile under Resources:
3. Select "Applications and Services" from the menu.
4. Select 'License Alerting' for an application that you want to enable alerts. Usages that are Unlimited can have a value set if needed. Repeat the following process for additional applications.
5. Alerts are disabled by default. Once the application is selected, toggle on 'Enable Alerts for this application'.
6. The available options are now displayed and can be set as needed.
Options that can be set:
a. User In-Application Alerts - forces the user to acknowledge that they are bypassing the alert.
b. The number of licenses that are in use when the alert message will be displayed. This can be set to any value.
c. Offline Usage - By default, products can be used offline if a user is unable to sign in. However, users may unknowingly exceed the value set in the license alert while working offline since the computer cannot check with the license alerting service first. To avoid this problem, administrators can disable offline usage..
d. Administrator Notifications - A notification preference can be set for when a user overrides the alert message, so that a Admin knows as it happens or in a daily report.
e. Custom User Alert Message - The Admin can create a custom message that is displayed when the alert value is triggered. This can be helpful in providing user guidance and a contact. When the user selects 'Learn more...' they will see the custom message.
*Please note: Enabling or disabling either usage alerts or offline usage require a policy refresh on the client side to apply the changes. Client machines automatically refresh their policy files every four hours while signed in or when restarting CONNECTION Client, but changes can be applied immediately by opening the Bentley Licensing Tool and selecting Refresh Policy from the Tools menu. Changes to the quantity field under User In-Application Alerts do not require a refresh on the client end.
7. Once settings have been configured, click the Save Changes button in the lower right corner.
8. Once alerting has been configured for products, you can review your settings by clicking the menu icon in the upper left and selecting "License Alerting (All Applications)" from the menu
9. To disable access to products you do not own or intend to lease, create an Entitlement Group.
Other Language Sources
Deutsch , Français Español Italiano