If your SELECTServer requires the use of Integrated Windows Authentication, the SELECTServer Gateway will not work as the user account for the SELECTServer will not work for the SELECTServer Gateway. To remedy this problem, create a new user via Local Users and Groups, or if the Server is set as a domain controller, please create a user within Active Directory. The steps for creating a user via Local Users and Groups are as follows:
1. Open Computer Management.2. Expand local users and groups3. Open the Users folder4. Right click the screen and choose New User5. create a new user and a strong password. Uncheck User must change password and next logon and check user cannot change password and password never expires.6. click create
7. Expand the groups folder under local users and groups8. Double click the users group and confirm the new user is a member9. Click ok
10. Expand Services and applications11. Expand Internet Information Services12. Expand Websites13. Expand Default Website14. Right Click on the BSS directory and choose properties15. Choose the Directory Security Tab and click the Edit button under Authentication and Access Control16. Click Integrate Windows Authentication and then click Ok
17. Expand BSS18. Right click on WS and choose properties19. Choose the Directory Security Tab and click the Edit button under Authentication and Access Control20. Click Integrate Windows Authentication and then click Ok
21. Expand BSS22. Right Click on the WS directory and choose properties23. Choose the Directory Security Tab and click the Edit button under Authentication and Access Control24. Change the user name to the new user created in step 5 above. 25. Enter the created password and click ok26. Confirm Password
27. Choose Start>Run> type in IISRESET > click Ok28. When the CMD prompt disappears, reopen the administration page.
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please submit any comments you have on this Wiki article in the "Comments" area below. THANK YOU!