Bentley’s Home Use Licensing Program utilize Bentley’s Bentley’s older, SELECTserver activation key-based licensing technology.
Users wishing to use a Home Use license must run versions (XM or V8i series applications) that utilize site activation keys. Please note in many instances these are obsolete / discontinued version, and may no longer be available for any give application.
More modern application versions (CONNECT Edition) using Subscription Entitlement Services licensing, and are not supported.
Your organization may request a Home Use Site Activation Key (either from the online License Tool or by contacting Bentley Licensing Support). The Home Use site activation key will have an expiration date that coincides with your SELECT contract.
All Home Use users will need to utilize key based licensing by January 30, 2013.
As a Bentley SELECT subscriber, your organization is eligible for the Home Use Licensing program. Home Use Licensing grants your employees personal access to Bentley software. Your organization is responsible for the deployment of the eligible software and licensing to the authorized employees for installation on a home computer for private use. Examples of private use may include hobbies and home improvement.
Use of this license is subject to the End User License Agreement (EULA) that accompanies the software AND the following Terms & Conditions:
To activate your product(s), you will need to enter an activation key and server name into the product when it starts up after installation. Users may update the site activation key for their XM Home Use products as follows:
When opening the program and the Product Activation Wizard opens:
1. Choose ‘SELECT subscriber with a deployed (local) SELECT Server' and click Next.
2. Enter selectserver-home.bentley.com in the Server Name text box.
3. Copy and paste your Home Use Activation Key (above) into the Site Activation Key text box and click Test Connection.
4. You should receive a message "Select Server and Activation Key Verified".
5. If you receive a message "An Error Has Occurred While Attempting to Verify the Server and Activation Key" there may be a problem with your internet connection.
6. If you receive a message "Server Does Not Support This Activation Key" verify that the Site Activation Key is entered correctly and that there are no spaces at the end of the key.
7. After the key verifies click Next twice.
8. Click Finish
If the Product Activation Wizard does not open:
1. Open a design file.
2. Go to the Utilities drop-down menu.
3. Select License Management.
4. The Product Activation Wizard may open at this point. Follow the steps above.
If the Product Activation Wizard still does not open:
1. While in the License Management Tool click on the Tools drop-down menu.
2. Select Product Activation Wizard.
3. Follow the steps above.
Obtaining Home Use License Information
Activating a Home Use License