You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
Below you will find the instructions to transition to CONNECT Licensing. Please note that CONNECT Licensing is only available for a limited number of Bentley applications at this time. To see if your Bentley applications are eligible for CONNECT Licensing, please view the "Entitlement Management" Service in the CONNECTION Center under 'Applications and Services'. If the application is not listed, once completing the steps below, the features of CONNECT Licensing will not function.
1. Ensure all active Bentley application users are registered.
2. Install the CONNECT Licensing Adapter on each user’s machine. At this time, Bentley will provide the download links to your Account Administrator once your Bentley applications are compatible with CONNECT Licensing. Once this is available for every application it will be posted to the Fulfillment Center.
3. Open User Management and assign the role, ‘Entitlement Management’, to whomever should have access to configure the notification settings. To assign a role in User Management, please click here: Edit Roles
4. Configure the ‘Entitlement Management’ Service. For instructions on this Service, please click here: Entitlement Management
5. Notify the users that you have enabled CONNECT Licensing. Here are some points you may wish to discuss:
a. Product activation will now occur via user sign in to the CONNECTION Client.
b. A 7-day offline period is permitted.
c. Users will receive an alert (if enabled) that there are no more available licenses when they are about to exceed the defined limit.
d. Usage is NOT restricted. Users will still be able to access Bentley applications if they continue to use products after receiving the alert.
Please see our CONNECT Licensing FAQ if you have any questions. For additional issues please file a Service Request or post to Communities.