I am working on a DWG in DWG Mode and I have filled shapes that I am trying to put behind some elements. I currently have two files referenced with all elements at 0 elevation. I created the shape at -100 elevation, but it still shows up on top. Within the same model that I have these shapes, I will have other elements that I will to show on top, so I don't think controlling the update sequence is appropriate. Any thoughts on why these shapes are showing up on top?
Ken Harrison said:I am working on a DWG in DWG Mode
In DWG mode things aren't always working as expected, as some features in this mode are unsupported.
You didn't tell us if your working in 3d models or every elements are 2d.
You didn't tell us if you are opening your DWG file in forced 2d models:
If so then every element are displayed at 0 elevation disregarding different values.
A screenshot and sample files are always a good help so everyone can help you better.
In References \ Settings \ Update Sequence, you have to put your active design file on top for that to work:
If this doesn't work, check in Workspace \ Preferences \ References \ Ignore Update Sequence if you have this turned on:
Ken Harrison said:PowerGEOPAK SS4
Working with this the best is always place your questions in the proper forum. Without the need to create a new forum post and not create clutter you can move it going to the More button and select Move.
Thanks for the reply. Let me try to go through your troubleshooting items.
- Working in 3D models. All my elements from attached DWG references are at elevation 0. The shaded shapes that I want to show behind everything else, were moved to -100 elevation.
- I am not forcing 2D models in the open settings
- I have attached an image to show the shapes. If there is another image that could be useful, please let me know. The orange shapes in the image are at elevation -100 and all the miscellaneous lines are at elevation 0. You can't see it in the image, but there are other lines within the area of the shapes that are being hidden from view.
- The update sequence works, but it is taking everything from that file and moving it on top. I want the shaded shapes to be under everything, but I will also have text and other items in that same model that I want to show on top of everything.
- The Ignore Update Sequence is not checked on.
On the last comment, are you suggesting that I move this question to a different forum? If that is best, I can certainly do that, but I feel this isn't a Road/Site issue and it is more of a MicroStation issue. In other words, I have the same problem if I use PowerDraft as well. Thoughts?
Oops. Forgot the image.
how are those shapes filled... in microstation a polygon or shape can have a fill attribute on or off in DWG there is no fill attribute it needs to be a pattern ie an extra element pattern or hatch solid so acad wont support the dgn concept of a filled attribute.. but mstn is doing its best.. if this file were opened with acad it would no look the same...
Currently Using V8iss10 (8.11.09.919)
and dabbling in CE update 16 (10.16.00.80)
Pwise Administrator ( yeah I passed the training course!)
MicroStation user since 1990 Melbourne Australia.click link to PM me