I'm having trouble importing Google Earth aerials. I followed these instructions, but I must be missing a step:
My OS is Windows 7 Professional
Any advice would be greatly appriciated. Thank you.
I had the exact same problem. This is what I did to resolve it.
1. Uninstalled Google Earth & Google Earth Pro.
They were both installed; probably due to the “FREE” upgrade to Google Earth Pro.
2. Ran CCleaner to clean up my profile and register.
3. Restarted Windows 7.
4. Reinstalled Google Earth Pro
5. Open a MicroStation 3D file.
6. Ensured the file has a Geograhic Coordinate System.
7. Select the “Capture Google Earth Image” tool.
8. Data point on the design plan.
9. The Google Earth image showed (in both wireframe and smooth rendering).
Project Designer - Transportation, Farnsworth Group
CAD Instructor, Parkland College