The MicroStation product team is pleased to announce the availability of MicroStation CONNECT Edition Update 14 (10.14.00.109) on Software Downloads and as a downloadable update from the CONNECTION Client. This version continues to focus on frequently requested features and delivering improvements in stability and performance.
Please refer to the following link for the resolved Issues in MicroStation CONNECT Edition Update 14. Visit the MicroStation forum on Bentley Communities to keep up to date with the latest information on blogs, wiki's, announcements and support forums.
To see an overview of What's New in MicroStation CONNECT Edition Update 14, please view the following video.
What's New Highlights
• Create a Non-Orthogonal Cut in a SolidYou can now use AccuDraw controls to create non-orthogonal cuts on solids using the Cut Solids with Curve tool.
• Choose a Mode to Offset Solid EdgesYou can now choose between rounded and original (sharp corner) offsets while offsetting solid edges using the Offset Solid Edges tool.
Clash Detection Enhancement
• Define Jobs on Levels in Nested ReferencesYou can now view levels in nested references in Clash Detection dialog > Criteria tab > Levels drop-down. You can also define jobs in levels of nested references.
• Hide Thumbnail Preview for Files on the Work PageYou can now disable thumbnail preview for the list of files displayed on the Work Page for faster navigation to the backstage. You can do so, by turning on the Hide Thumbnail Preview setting in the Preferences Dialog, Look and Feel category. (Settings > User > Preferences > Preferences Dialog > Look and Feel category) The default setting is Off.
• Access to Help in the Top-Right section of the RibbonYou can now access Help from the help icon in the top right corner of the Ribbon, next to the CONNECTION Client sign-in icon.
• Fix Direction of HatchYou can now fix the hatch pattern orientation of the reference to a view by setting the value for MS_PATTERNORIENTATION_ROTATEWITHVIEW to 0.
Features Moved from Technology Preview to Commercial Release
The following features that were in Technology Preview mode in previous updates, have been commercially released in this update:
• Ability to Create and Edit a User Coordinate System• Clash Detection• Components Center• Expressions
New Technology Preview FeaturesThe following items are included in this update as a Technology Preview.
• iTwin SynchronizerYou can now use the iTwin Synchronizer to synchronize changes in a design file to an iModel in the iModelHub. This iModel can be accessed and reviewed by your team members from anywhere. The iTwin Synchronizer is a cloud-based design collaboration tool.
• Add or Remove an Element to Named Presentation(s) in the Properties DialogYou can now control the inclusion of an element in Named Presentations from the properties dialog. You can set the value to True or False in the Named Presentation section of the properties dialog to add or remove a selected element from named presentation.
• Create Text Favorites with Item Type PropertiesYou can now associate Item Types in the field type while creating or managing a text favorite in the Text Favorite Manager dialog.
• V8i Task Theme in the Quick Access ToolbarYou can now access the V8i Task theme and its various styles from the V8i button next to the Workflow drop down menu in the Quick Access Toolbar. It is no longer constrained to the Task Navigation workflow.Download
If you would like the setup executable of MicroStation CONNECT Edition x64 (Full) Update 14, please follow these steps to download it from Software Downloads Center:1. Sign in to https://connect.bentley.com2. Choose Software Downloads from "My Support" section3. Select the Brand "MicroStation"4. Download the latest release by clicking on the arrow to expand the selection and then on MicroStation CONNECT Edition x64 Update 14 version 10.14.00.109
Important installation requirements and notices are found in the Readme.