Using the label tool to place labels calling off space info (room names, numbers areas etc)
The cell I have created has 3 separate text elements, each on different levels for different displays and drawings, however, when placing the label does not honour these levels, instead placing all elements on the same (active) levels. Is there anyway to get the label to honour the original levels?
Duncan Gammie said:Using the label tool ...
Of which MicroStation version?
Regards, Jon Summers LA Solutions
This is for Connect, currently on U99
Gerd Eisenacher said:what i am looking for is a cell with a label placed simply from a cell lib
I think that's worth a new post on this Forum. Please describe what you want to see in the cell model, and what you expect to see once that cell is placed in a DGN model.
A cell definition can include text elements that have text fields that reflect the value of a property. The property can belong to the DGN file, model or cell once it's placed in a model.
My understanding is that the behaviour of Item Types in a cell model should mimic that of Tags in a cell model. See the comment by Marco Salino in this Idea.
I still have this problem, 7 years later. Running Openbuildings designer update 10, based on MicroStation 17. How is this not solved yet?
We can only create SR to be added to the Enhancement request, hoping this will put more pressure on the development to implement this. I just did so, through the OBD support team.
I also created MS Idea Retain cell levels when placing label | MicroStation Ideas Portal (aha.io) for the same. The more different angles we use, the higher the likelihood it will be moved up on the roadmap (I hope, I try to stay optimistic).
Great, Voted and created an SR as well.
I'm just so annoyed that when I discover a new workflow that would save loads of time, there always seems to be a small issue like this in the way, making the workflow useless.
I ended up creating mutliple label cells to replace depending on requirements. so haven't actually tried again. how unsurprising that after 5/7 years the issue is still outstanding.
Itr's like many things with MS, great ideas, half assed initial implementation, then years to make useable, by which time we've moved on