I have created some simple display rules to apply symbology overrides based on the elements level.
However, they wont apply to elements in grouped (Ctrl+G) elements
The stair circled below is a group but does not resymbolise.
I tested your files and reproduced the issue. This was already reported and filed as defect 872026
I follow up with you via SR.
Thank You Maria.
Is this defect slated to be fixed in U11?(which must be due soon?)
Duncan Gammie said:Is this defect slated to be fixed in U11?
I do not know details how MicroStation development is managed, by in my opinion (based on long term exeprience with software development, using both waterfall and agile approach) it requires from user's perspective at least 2 cycles to implement bug fix or a new feature.
When talking about 3 months cycle used for MicroStation releases, I guess at least a last month is "release preparation" only (testing, doc finalization, installers configuration etc.), so when e.g. Update 10 is released, the most of features planned for Update 11 is under development already and a list of development for Update 12 is probably mostly fixed.
As you wrote, Update 11 is probably close to be released, so if it's not scheduled already, in my opinion anything discussed now we can see to be implemented in Update 13 at the best case.
Of course it does not mean any critical bug or tiny minor modification cannot be processed as priroity issue ;-)
Bentley Accredited Developer: iTwin Platform - AssociateLabyrinth Technology | dev.notes() | cad.point
Maria has already confirmed that the feature is working correctly in internal builds of U11 though so all is good on this one. .
I have just noticed this issue also. [I have documented my experiences in this thread....
I have used display rules to hide certain line styles before and in connect issue 6 it was working as expected. It is only since I updated ti issue 10 that grouped items are no longer working with my Display rules.
It appears you are having the same issue as me.
@Maria - it is good to see that this issue has been noted and has a defect number. Seeing as this used to work in earlier versions hopefully it will not be too difficult to fix. I am considering moving back to a previous version of microstation...
Worth trying in U11 which is now available.
Is it! - I've only just updated to U10 ! :)
I'll give that a go then see if it works.
MSD Myles said:I've only just updated to U10 ! :)
U11 brings some nice features (and some bix fixes are important too), so it's worth to move to the latest version in my opinion :-)