I have a strange problem.
I've created a cell for displaying X and Y coordinates. The coordinates are textfields displaying the coordinates of a point (line) element at the cell origin. If I attach the cell library and use the command ac=kryss_text for placing the cell, only one of the coordinates get the correct coordinate. If I drag select and delete the cell and try again the correct values are displayed. At this point all new copies of the cell will be ok. Also, if I place the cell by double clicking in the Cell Library dialog everything is fine from the start.
I've attached a file and a cell library for testing.
The video shows the problem.
Krister Surell said:I've created a cell for displaying X and Y coordinates. If I attach the cell library and use the command ac=kryss_text for placing the cell, only one of the coordinates get the correct coordinate.
I've noted this elsewhere (in the Programming Forum). A text field, when a component of a cell, linked to an element property does not update reliably when the underlying property is changed. If you place independent text elements, or a text node element, then the text fields are updated reliably.
Regards, Jon Summers LA Solutions
It would be great if someone at Bentley could verify this and if so, add it to the list of things to be fixed.
Owner consultant at Surell Consulting AB
I was not able to reproduce with the supplied files, however I noticed in your video the cell library supplied is different ' E:\Lagring\temp\Coordinates.CEL' as opposed to 'Celllib.cel' attached.
Are you able to reproduce using Celllib.cel / Cell: KRYSS_TEXT? If not then the problem may be cell(s) specific.
Please attach the same cell file used in video so all are testing the same dataset. Thanks.
Carl Myhill said:I was not able to reproduce with the supplied files
See this earlier post that includes a sample DGN file. Paul Connolly commented: "This looks like a bug specific to MicroStation CONNECT Edition."
It should not make any difference but I've attached Coordinates.cel for you to test. I tested this in a new file based on "3D Metric Design.dgn".
Also, if I open the file in V8i the result is invalid (see image).
I get the same, first placement of cell always show 0 for x, copy or move corrects the coordinate. I looked over the cell definitions, look O.K. to me, please file a service ticket. I did notice if I exit the file, then re-open the x coordinate is corrected, definitely another bug.
Connect r14 10.14.00.109 self-employed