10.13.01.01. I frequently acquire data from other softwares. Frequently these are DXF. When I merge those in all the data goes to Default level instead of the level they were assigned as a DXF. Generally I am merging them into the Design model.
Am I missing some setting, or is this just bug #83?
Bob Rayner said:When I merge those in all the data goes to Default level instead of the level they were assigned as a DXF
Am I missing something? In the original description you mentioned the issue was that when you mergerd the referenced DXF it all went to the Default level instead of the allocated level in the file.
Bob Rayner said:Open DGN, attach, check scale 1:1, save, save settings, close, re-open scale changes.
In your updated comment you mention the issue is that the scale is changing.
Which of these issues is what we should be investigating?
1. When I performed the merge of the referenced DXF the elements went to their assigned levels.
2. When I closed and reopened my DGN with the DXF reference it was still defined as 1:1 scale.
Would you be able to provide the DGN file also for testing that you're performing these operations within.
RegardsAndrew BellTechnical SupportBentley Systems
Apologies, that was for the scale issue. The attached is the level thing.
File is from Surfer, attached to a 2d design model, scale 1:1, merge.
Connect r15 10.14.00.109 self-employed
Andrew Bell said:The elements on this level "Contours-GWCdata.grd" is going to the Default level
Good detective work! This AskInga wiki covers that specific issue.
Regards, Jon Summers LA Solutions
That level name was coming from a different software. The only point was that it used to work fine, now it doesn't.
Bob Rayner said:it used to work fine, now it doesn't
If you look at that AskInga wiki, the set of illegal characters hasn't changed in years. Perhaps the name that is now Contours-GWCdata.grd used not to have the period? What did MicroStation V8i do when it encountered an illegal level name?
AskInga article doesn't apply to this issue (bug?). If you read Ingas article, she says "it is possible to receive a file that contains them". Carrying this one step further, you can have a level name with the illegal characters come from another file. This may have changed recently, which would be fine with me, if I knew it was supposed to do that. Like I said, was just pointing out a couple anomalies with reference functions, not having any problem getting things done.
Bob Rayner said:AskInga article doesn't apply to this issue
I agree with Bob here, Jon, in that the level name with the dot worked fine when merged in MicroStation V8i. This may be different with other "illegal" characters in the level names. This is a change in operation for CONNECT Edition so is why I raised a Defect.