I've been working on resources for our OBM / Microstation CONNECT environment. In testing I recently ran into an issue with my dimension styles. I have created a dgnlib with the dimension styles and have custom terminators on some styles (things like a double arrowhead or an arrowhead with an S shape at the end). The issue I am running into that I can't seem to track down the cause of, is that everything functions normally within the dgnilb, but if I try to use those dimension or callout / note styles, some of those terminators appear off scale, distorted, or just don't show up. Also, whenever a dimension is placed on one of the styles that seem to have that problem, the dgn file seems to create it's own style and I get a message stating "local style does not match the library file". See the attached images. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
The image below is from the actual dgnlib file. Note that each arrowhead is the same size, and everything appears uniform and consistent.
The image below is from a newly created dgn file in a workspace. Note that the double arrowhead is taller and out of scale. Also notice the list in the dimension style editor (BR_DIM_LONG) is different from the library style, but the other dimensions seem to come in just fine.
Did you try using the keyin "dgnlib update dimstyles" to see if this changed anything?
Start with a fresh new file and try placing a dimension or detail callout in that file to see if you get the same behavior.
I just tried those Ideas as well as checked the terminator scale and although all settings seem to be what they are supposed to be, it still didn't work. I appreciate the idea though, I wouldn't have thought to do that. This is really a very odd behavior in the program, that's for sure.
I am seeing the same as yourself having configured your dgnlib. ( Note we do not have WSDOT CAE.ttf so this was replaced )
As per your image it shows that the 3 of the Dimension Styles are out of sync with the dgnlib. If I create a new file ( based on seed 2D Metric Design.dgn ) and place a dimension using style BR_DIM_LONG no terminators appear. Attach your Cell Library and they do appear and display correctly as per your dgnlib.
I did notice that the Working units are of dgnlib/dgn are different. ( But then so is 2D Metric Design.dgn ). Also the Cell Library Models also have different working units ( compare ARROW_STANDARD and ARROW Double for example)
If you create a new file are you able to reproduce ? IE is this file specific.
Creating a new DGN file the double arrowhead display at correct size as well using BR_DIM_LONG dimension style.
That's odd that the seed defaults to 2D Metric. on my end it was created based on the Imperial seed, or so I thought. I'll have to dive into units and such throughout my whole setup. Also, it doesn't seem file specific. I can reproduce it in any new file, I even went as far as to create a new workspace and workset to build a new file and still got the same issue.
I may end up rebuilding the dgnlib to test it out and see if that doesn't fix it. My concern is that metric identifier, it shouldn't be associated with metric. Worth a shot.
I finally had time to go back and finish this one. It's resolved. changing settings, units, etc couldn't fix it. I rebuilt the files in the correct format though, and everything functions as it should. don't know where the error was inside the original file, but it's a non issue anymore. Thanks for all your input, it gave me enough to go off of and pointed me in a direction to look.
Good to hear that this was helpful for you.