I have a drawing file in millimeters with a textfield that displays the Y-coordinate of an element in meters. When I export this to DWG the unit of that textfiled changes to millimeter. Is this a know problem?
Running Powerdraft CE U15
It would be helpful to provide example files so that this issue can be tested.
If you are concern about sharing your data, just send only part of the file that has the text field by placing a fence around the elements and saving them to a new file.
textfiled problem.dwgtextfiled problem.dgn
Hi. Here's both the dgn and dwg.
No, for me both problems are visible in those same files. Even the one you attached to your post is displayed wrongly for me. Perhaps there's something with my autocad-settings?
Screenshot from 1401.textfield problem_reg.dwg:
Also. I have an SR (7001172205) open for a problem with the untis of my DWG export. Even though I export to dwg with units set to millimeter, the dwg is in some way shown as inches. If I open untis in the the file you attached I see this:
But I have a feeling that you don't have the same issue. Maybe all these problems are connected. Might be that my autocad-settings are wrong. But I get the same result in both trueview and autocad, so must be some sort of system-error.
This is generally controlled in the DWG Setting for both opening and saving DWG.
Can you try creating a new dwgsettings.rsc file?
Go to the C:\Users\[login.name]\AppData\Local\Bentley\MicroStation\10.0.0\prefs\dwgdata\
Rename DwgSettings.rsc file and try saving your file again to see if the results change.
I get the same result with the new dwgsetting.
Although, I noticed that even the old dwg-files looks good when I open them in microstation. It's only in AutoCAD both this and the other problems I have are visible.
I've also tried open the dwg in https://gallery.proficad.eu/tools/autocad-viewer.aspx and Tekla. Works fine there.
https://viewer.autodesk.com/ had the same problem as autocad.
So it looks like there's an issue with autocad/autodesk. Problem is that almost everyone that uses my dwg-file runs autocad. So no matter where the problem lies, it looks like I'm sending them a bad file.
I solved it by changing the textfield to display the cells placementpoint (placeholder cell properties) instead of one of the cell's elements points (element properties).
Answer Verified By: Robert Högberg