Hello, I'm looking for some advice on getting rid of a couple of annoying graphical elements that I can't see on the design model. I have run a CADQA check on one of our
drawings and the results state the following -
Error: element (Element Type106) with id (221506) in model (WB-Drawing Model) found'.Error: element (Element Type106) with id (234753) in model (WB-Drawing Model) found'.Error: 2 graphical elements found in the Drawings design modelNo elements found on Level '0' or 'Default'.
The problem is that I can't see the '2 graphical elements' that it is referring to. I'm very knowledgeable with MicroStation but this one has floored me. I had something like this
happen before and had a key-in which fixed it in seconds but I can't remember what this was as it was a while ago now.
I've tried all the usual things of removing shared cells, using explorer to look for the elements, searching using their ID number etc.
Does anyone have any advice or know of the key-in which could help?
I'm using MicroStation Connect version 10.13.00.48
Thanks in advance.
Steven Margach said:getting rid of a couple of annoying graphical elements that I can't see
You should be able to search by id number.. this was pretty easy in v8i but not sure about connect..a quick google search microstation by element id has found that LA solutions has made a vba macro so it will work in both versions
this should locate the element for you and you could examine it more closely maybe has same colour as BG or black..can't tell until you use it..
then if these are on a unique level you could delete them and the level too... there are specific keyins for that too...
Currently Using V8iss10 (8.11.09.919)
and dabbling in CE update 16 (10.16.00.80)
Pwise Administrator ( yeah I passed the training course!)
MicroStation user since 1990 Melbourne Australia.click link to PM me
Try using the key-in Level Element Delete <Level Name> (where Level Name is the name of the level the elements are on). This is usually pretty successful. If this does not work create a new blank file from a known good blank file and reference the original file to it then merge to master. This will remove any invisible data.
You can use Level Element Purge <Level Name> but that just moves the elements from the designated level and places them on the Default level.
Power InRoads v8i 08.11.09.615
Microstation CONNECT 10.15.0.74
Microstation v8i SS 10 08.11.09.919
ORD CONNECT 10.9.0.1
ORD CONNECT 2021 R1 10.10.1.3
This may sound like a mad idea, but I've had some success with exporting to DWG and saving back to DGN - in my case it's flipped normals from an old SKP import that were sorted out using this method. It obviously depends on what else is in your DGN and if you can afford to lose the file integrity elsewhere, but this brut force DGN>DWG>DGN has worked for me on a number of occasions.
Try selecting elements by id:
analyze element selectbyid 221506
analyze element selectbyid 234753
Thank you all for your help at the moment. Still trying to figure it out. The job is through ProjectWise and is set up with an OS tile etc. I can't save it out as a DXF or anything. Interestingly though, when I did the ID search previously it selected a couple of lines on the OS tile which isn't correct as that's referenced in from elsewhere and I can't edit that. This tile is also on my other drawings which have gone through the checks fine. When I tried the key-in as per Oto's idea, it selected the two saved views I have....again this can't be correct as the other drawings are set up the same way and don't have this issue.