Why even most simple tasks like creating a 2D sheet model and attaching a design model as a reference into it will crash Microstation CE in regular basis? It seems that only way to create sheet layouts for printing is to make them in MS V8i.
Dealing with MS Connect Edition really wrecks my nerves. I see 'Microstation has stopped working' roughly 5-10 times every day. Bentley please, make this program more reliable!
Which process are you using, Create New Model or Import Model?
I am creating new sheet models. MS CE creates the model without issue but crashes whenever I try to attach reference models into it.
No need to apologise, your English is, without doubt, waaaaay better than my Finnish.
Does the crashing happen if you close & then re-open CONNECT after creating the sheet model, or only if you try to attach the reference file immediately after?
I think I found reason for crashes.
It seems that when I create a new sheet model Microstation sets drawing units of the sheet model to meters -> Microstation CE crashes when I try to attach a dgn to the sheet model. If I browse the sheet model properties and change drawing units to millimeters I will be able to attach the same dgn without problems. I would say that this is a bug in CE because V8i handles both drawing units - meters and millimeters - without problems.
Uh, it wasn't so simple. My solution works roughly every second time and every second time it doesn't. I don't find any locig in this behaviour.
We are experiencing a "similar" issue. We upgraded user from MicroStation CONNECT version 10.15.02.11 to version v10.16.01.56 - and they had all sorts of issues with referencing sheet models (files). The reason for the upgrade was to take advantage of the fixes to Sheet Indexing
I tried the exact same files/same workspace/same workset on my computer - and it works flawlessly. I am running MicroStation CONNECT - v 10.16.00.80.
I switched user from version 10.16.01.56 back to version 10.16.00.80 - and referencing sheet files now works perfectly again.
Not sure if this is your issue... just thought I would share what we found out.
Connect is a literal bug fest. As they fix some things, add features for AutoCrap users, they introduce new bugs. We are unpaid beta testers. Looking forward to end of the year when they deprecate v8i, good luck with that. It should be able to deal with the different unit definitions, common.
I have noticed much more crashes, some with no message, since updating. A few things to try that sometimes help;
Often if I simple do the operation again, it works.
Compress the file, removing any unwanted features.
Select all the features in the design model, rotate by 0 or scale by 1 (simply to re-write the elements).
Delete your UPF (if you have not kept a backup, this will mess with many settings, may be a worse problem)
If all else fails, use v8i to complete the task, I had to do this just last week. Oddly, when I go back to v8i I have to stop and think to find certain commands. I've always updated to latest Bentley software, this time (moving to Connect) turned out to be a big FAIL.
Connect r16 10.16.02.34 self-employed