Can someone tell me what's going on with the attached DGN file?
There's a single line-string element. If I pop the Properties dialog it tells me that it's on Level (none)...
If I look at the Level Display dialog I can see level Structure. I can turn the display of that line-string off and on using that dialog. No DGNLib is attached.
It may be relevant that the DGN file was converted from a DXF file.
I tested this in MSCE 10.16.03.11 as well as MS v8i SS10 08.11.09.931 with default configurations and could not reproduce the issue. Everything looks as expected within the Properties dialog on my end.Some thoughts on this:1. You might try opening this file with No Workspace/No Workset configuration and see if the issue persists. This could potentially be a corrupted level or level library.2. Look into a file compression with all options toggled https://communities.bentley.com/products/microstation/w/microstation__wiki/8368/compress-options
3. In some cases, issues with level names and duplicate level tables have been resolved with these articles. I would recommend giving these articles a thorough read. https://communities.bentley.com/products/microstation/w/microstation__wiki/13891/level-names-missing-from-file https://communities.bentley.com/products/microstation/w/microstation__wiki/8913/duplicate-level-tablesHTH,Jayson P.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Jayson Perry said:You might try opening this file with No Workspace/No Workset configuration and see if the issue persists
No difference here. No library is attached.
Jayson Perry said: Look into a file compression with all options toggled
No difference here.
Jayson Perry said:In some cases, issues with level names and duplicate level tables have been resolved
Level Audit tells me...
STATUS : Success
MESSAGE: Found one master level table
No invalid levels reported.
I wrote a modest macro to select an element and report its level. The macro works as expected. I'm also using MSCE 10.16.03.11.
There's something wrong with the level table. I suspect because of the DXF origin of this file. When I attempt to use the Change Attributes tool to assign a new level, I see this...
All levels are none.
Regards, Jon Summers LA Solutions
try using the "update levels from library" option in level manager (I know there is not a library attached - but it may "resync" the table).
If that does not work, try using the import levels and choose a file with the same levels in it.
In the past I have had success with these workflows on level issues.
CADD Manager | CADD Department
Main: 877 627 3772|
1000 Waterview Drive Suite 201 | Hamilton, New Jersey 08691
Tim Hickman said:try using the "update levels from library" option in level manager
Tim Hickman said:If that does not work, try using the import levels
Thanks, but no success.
I'll mark this thread as answered, because I can achieve my goal using VBA.
I subsequently encountered more problems. Filed SR 7001414419
The problem arose because, while helping another person on this Forum, I had some time ago set configuration variable MS_LEVEL_DISPLAY_FORMAT = D (i.e. display level number but not level name).
MS_LEVEL_DISPLAY_FORMAT = D
Since the levels in this customer's file have no numbers, MicroStation displays all of them as (none). What's odd is that it also messed up my VBA code.
Answer Verified By: Jon Summers