Does anybody knows if MicroStation works in MAC OS?
Microstation is Windows only, the last version for MAC OS was Microstation SE (1997).
There is no Mac-native version of MicroStation. But you can run MicroStation on a Mac by running Windows on a Mac; this can be done with Boot Camp or with a virtualization solution such as VMWare Fusion or Parallels.
I actually talked about running MicroStation on a Mac in my blog. If you want more info than that, feel free to contact me.
I run MicroStation in Bootcamp and also have both Fusion and Parallels. Fusion has display issues with Microstation line styles (1-7) . Parallels has come a long way and I now prefer it over Fusion but Bootcamp will give you the best performance. If I'm mainly going to working in MicroStation all day I will use Bootcamp with XP. The iMac actually make for an excellent PC.
My recommendation are.
1) First thing I do is dump the apple mouse and get a good 2 button corded mouse with scroll wheel. I love Apples stuff but their mice don't work well with MicroStation. Especially if you use a 2 button cord for snapping.
2) If your working with large files or 3D rendering bootcamp is the way to go. I prefer XP because it has a smaller footprint.
3) For smaller files or quick reviewing I use Parallels.
4) Set up a VM machine and install MS on it. DON'T use the bootcamp patition from Parallels, if you do you take a huge hit on start-up times both in Parallels and Bootcamp.
5) Select server may report 2 licenses being use. Bentley is aware their software falsely reports the number of licenses being used on some VM's.
Autodesk Certifies Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac - Desktop Engineering - June 2010
Autocad on mac available the first beta