MicroStation and May eDocPrintPro printer driver using Custom Paper formson Windows 7 64 bits version.Using custom paper forms of eDocPrintPro printer driver does not work well on Windows7 64 bits version.This problem is not only occur with MicroStation using eDocPrintPro Printer driver, but does also happen using other Windows applications like Adobe’s Acrobat Professional.
1) Install printer driver eDocPrintPro V 22.214.171.124 (2013/01/03) on any Windows7 32 bits computer.
2) Copy printer driver configuration files eDocPrintPro.ini, eDocPrintPro.ppd and eDocUI.dll from directory C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\W32X86 to the same directory on the required Windows7-64 bits computer
3) Install printer driver eDocPrintPro V 126.96.36.199 (2013/01/03) on required Windows7-64 bits computer. This is the computer MicroStation is installed on as well.
4) Create under eDocPrintPro - Printer Properties – Advanced – Printing Defaults a custom form.In This example form 2310x1200 has been created
5) Create form in Printer driver configuration file as well.Create the paper forms what are required in MicroStation. There is no need for creating more paper forms.Do this in Print Dialog under:File – Edit Printer driver configuration file – tab Paper Sizes
In this case next Paper sizes have been created.1200x1200 is also created in Windows 2310x1200 is created in eDocPrintPro – Printer Properties – Printing DefaultsA3 Windows paper formA4 Windows paper formA1-Custom is created in eDocPrintPro – Printer Properties – Printing Defaults for testing.A2-Custom is created in eDocPrintPro – Printer Properties – Printing Defaults for testing.
6) Submit a test with MicroStation and double check output.In Screenshot above the correct Test Results:
However this pretty much looks like a flaw in Windows printer driver, we were able finding a solution for MicroStation.In the past our users have demanded that MicroStation should be a true Windows Application and therefore follow Windows printing scheme.This is implemented and is one of the mayor changes made after MicroStation /J.This solution works for MicroStation only and does not affect other Windows applications like Adobe‘s Acrobat Pro V X