Back in 2018 I reported that MS CE UPD11 doensn't work with my RPC cells. Well, nothing has changed since than and UPD 14 doesn't work any better in this aspect.
- MS CE will crash instantly when I try to refresh the RPC folder. Task bar will go up to 74% and Microstation just shuts down without any warning.
- RPC Cells don't render properly in smooth, illustration or other accelerated display modes
- I can't edit RPC cells in MS CE
- I can stil use the render tool but scale of some RPC cells is wrong compared to MS V8i
It seems that some RPC cells which were delivered with MS V8 will cause MS CE crashing. I removed them from my RPC folder and it will refresh as supposed but:
- RPC Cells don't show up properly in smooth, illustration or other accelerated display styles if level override is on in the view attributes.
- I can't edit size of the RPC cells in MS CE. EDIT RPC CELLS-tool always suggests that scale of the RPC cell is always 100%. One was able to adjust size and scale of the RPC individually in MS V8i (see EDIT RPC tool settings in MS CE vs. MS V8i).
- Ray Trace renderer will set scale of the RPC cell to 100%. I Use lots of scale variation with RPC trees and other plants so now will be off-scale in the rendered image. In the attached screenshot, for example, size of the trees is correct in illustrated view but ray-race renderersome of them down to 1/4 of the acutal size. I guess that the last two issues are related to each other?
And here is a list of RPC cells that will make MS CE to crash instantly if I refresh the RPC cell folder. I think they were originally delivered with V8 visualization package: