How do you do a plain white background render with shadows. Ever since we change from Microstation Connect Luxology to Microstation Connect Vue we cannot produce anything like it.
Example is what we used to produce.
Go to Light maneger:
- new setup
- switch off all but the sun
-make shure in sun schadows are turned on and set to your desiere
-add a floor of somekind like a white Plane
may be turn off sun aswell and work with Lights is even more clean. dont forget to turn shadown on its off by default.
Thanks for the suggestion but this is what I ended up with a black background, I used extreme good with Ray Tracing
so, there is at least a few points not all i can answer. lets break this down a bit.
1) The Black Void
Yes it is Black because we made it so. three ways to go.
a) make the plain REAL big! even better make it a basic classic Set like:
b) turn on at least the Himmelsphäre should be Hemishpere in English. look at Vue Manuel for more Info
c) Build your own skybox. (dont do this its real 1995)
2) Physik vs Art
in short use Pathtracing.
and maybe scale everything up by 100. (should help)
This is quit a big topic!
-If you use Raytracing you HAVE to use PBR-Material or at least use an Materials that has Values for the Shader you are using.
-If you use Raytracing Your smallest Part should be bigger than your Ray. This is very simple and very wrong, but there must be a parrameter in the Reandering Setup to twiggle with.
DO SOMEONE KNOW MORE?
3) Clean Data
- There is some z-fighting in your Model. Clean it, Check it, and bake Textures where nessesary(for baking third party software is needed not part of MS-CE).
Here are a couple of things you can try.
1. use the atmosphere none. it will use the background colour of your view for the background of the image
2. Raytracing has an alpha channel, you should be able to use the post process tab to set the background colour for the image.
3. Setup a display style in Microstation as you would like it. Use the atmosphere none, it will then use the display style for the background information.