I'm sure this has been asked before, but as it's my first hurdle in the transition to CE from v8i.
How do I get CE's Default Lighting to match v8i?
1. Here's the file created in v8i, with Default Lighting the way I want it for Illustration Display Style;
2. Open the same file in CE and the lighting is washed out;
3. Adjust View Brightness in CE to try and match v8i (it gets close, but the contrast is too high);
4. Open the file back in v8i again and it is now way too dark;
5. Try to brighten again in v8i, and it's stuck at this unusable dark setting;
What version of CE are you on? I was able to adjust the brightness to match V8i but it was brighter when you first open because of changes we made for PBR materials.
I don't know why going back to V8i is so dark and will need the QV guys to take a look. You can use ignore lighting option to get the look you had before.
Thank Jerry - version 10.17.02.61 (latest, I think).
Yes, I'm also able to get closer to the v8i look - but open it up again in v8i (after doing a Save Settings), and the brightness slider has no effect. I'm stuck with a dark model.
Ignore lighting helps temporarily, but the model is still "broken" (no further lighting adjustments possible).
I used an old trick using V8i to file fence the contents of your test file to a new file and it fixed the lighting for V8i.test2.dgn
I still have not heard back on what might be causing the issue.