In these challenging times when COVID-19 is imposing significant disruptions to day-to-day activities and affecting normal business flow of our much-valued users and employees, we at Bentley are mindfully committed to ensuring smooth transition of work from office to remote location or home. Our innovative software and services are all geared for working from home or remote locations and do not impose the need to be in an office set-up.
In general, working from home with LumenRT will follow the best practices as outlines in this MicroStation best practices document:
Because of the graphics intensive nature of LumenRT, here are the key differences in operating LumenRT in a work-at-home fashion:
1. You will need to run on a laptop or desktop machine with a high-end graphics card. Minimum graphics card specs are as follows:
- NVIDIA Quadro: p5000 or better with 8GB of VRAM
- NVIDIA GeForce: GTX 1070 or better with 8GB of VRAM
- AMD Radeon Pro: WX 5100,or better with 8GB of VRAM
- AMD RX 580 or better with 8GB of VRAM
2. If you have a machine with a less capable graphics card, there are several things you can do to optimize performance:
- Lower the model complexity by limiting the number of mesh polygons
- Lower the LumenRT display quality to 3 stars or less
- Limit the number of reflective materials
- Use more shared-cells instead of standard cells in MicroStation
Sharing Visualizations Across the Web
LumenRT has a variety of mechanisms available to enable sharing visualizations across the web in a simple and straight forward manner:
Upload Videos to YouTube:
All video output from LumenRT is 100% compatible with YouTube including standard HD video as well as 360 panoramic video. Simply create LumenRT videos as you would normally and upload them to your YouTube account for sharing.
360 Project Tours
The Bentley Azure servers which power LumenRT 360 Project Tours will be up and running and ready to share your 360 project tours with your customers and colleagues. Simply export your LumenRT Photo Strip timeline to the 360 Project Tours, and share the returned hyperlink.
LumenRT Published LiveCubes are a great way to share interactive visualizations with clients and colleagues Published LiveCubes are "read-only" and have additional optimizations that them to run on less capable machines. To create a Published LiveCube (LumenRT Pro only), Go to the LumenRT-->Publish menu, select your publishing options, and then publish. The resulting compressed .exe Published LiveCube file contains an embedded viewer and the LiveCube scene in a single package. The .exe can be shared and run on any windows machine.