Creating an Element Template with a Custom Section Pattern
An Element Template can be created and associated to a solid so that every section is displayed using a pattern or hatching.
1. Open the "Element->Element Templates" menu
2. Select the active DGN file then click on New Template (Fig. 1)
3. Right Click on the new Template Properties and select "Add->Pattern/Hatch->Area Patterning Properties" (Fig.2)
4. Make sure the right cell library is attached to the DGN and select the cell you want to use for patterning
5. Now open the Element Properties of the solid and select the Element Template (Fig.3)
6. Create a clip volume of the solid (or use the Section Callout Tool to create a section sheet) and you will see that the section is patterned with your custom pattern cell (Fig. 4)