How to save a file to the required DWG or DXF version
Sometimes we save our DGN files to the latest available DWG version assuming that our colleagues or partners all have access to our same technology and application versions. As this is often not the case, here are the few easy steps required to save our data to the DWG (or DXF) version compatible with our partners applications.
1. Select "File -> Save As" or "File -> Export -> DGN,DWG,DXF"
2. Change file type to "DWG"
3. Click the "Options" button
4. In the General tab select the required DWG version from the drop down menu as shown here below.
5. Click "Ok" and proceed to Save File.