Start MicroStation with Administrator privileges from a logged in "normal" user.
In Windows 7 and 8 processes and applications are by default initiated as "normal user" rather than with "administrator rights" even if the logged in user starting this processes has "Administrator" privileges.
Windows essentially keeps you running as a common user even while on an Administrator account.
A user need to explicitly tell Windows to run a process or application with "Administrator Rights".
1. Right click on MicroStation's shortcut
2. Select "Run As Administrator" from the context menu as shown in the picture below
2. Select the "Compatibility" tab
3. Tick "Run As Administrator" as shown in the picture below
4. Click "Apply" then "Ok"
1. In Metro home or in "All Apps" screen, locate the MicroStation's shortcut
2. Right Click on MicroStation (or other App) in the search results or App list
For Windows 8:
3. Select "Run As Administrator" from the bottom bar as shown in the picture below