You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
How do I attach a cell as a pattern within an element?
I would like to flood a pattern in my file within the confines of an element, and I would like that pattern to be of a previously created cell, how do I do that?
1. Open the Cell Library dialog box by going to Element>Cells. This dialog opens:
2. Choose the cell you would like to use as your pattern, and click on Pattern.
3. Open the Pattern Area tool, which can be done by going to Tools>Patterning>Pattern Area.
4. Choose the type of patterning you want, select From Cell as the Pattern Definition and the previously chosen cell will automatically be chosen as the cell on which the pattern is based.
5. Change the settings within the tool however you would like to accommodate the size and shape of the element in which you are placing the pattern.
6. Enter data point within the element you want to flood with the pattern, then enter a data point to accept the element and the pattern will be created.