MicroStation hangs, crashes or produces mangled models when trying to Export to ACIS .SAT / IGES / Parasolid formats.
When you are experiensing problems with exporting to other file formats the first thing is to try and simplify the data in your existing file.
1. Make a copy of the original file and use that a basis for exporting to ACIS .SAT / IGES / Parasolid formats.
2. Make sure that the model elements in the DGN/DWG file is as close to 0,0,0 as possible. The ACIS / IGES / Parasolid formats has a Working Area of 1Km so make sure you model fits into that.
3. Drop all Cells down to elements > Export and see if this solved the issue.
4. If not, Drop Complex Shapes down to Elements > Export and see if this solved the issue.
5. If not, try a break up the data into several DGN files and see if the smaller files can Export to ACIS .SAT / IGES / Parasolid formats.
6. If you still have issues with Exporting to ACIS .SAT format then raise a service request or post your issue on Bentley Communities, then Technical Support will assist you further.