Having converted DWG blocks into cells within a MicroStation cell library or DGNLIB some cells when placed in a DGN have their cell origin displaced.
The origin of a cell is typically defined at the point of creation, using the ' Define Cell Origin ' tool. The origin of the created cell being the origin of the model containing the cells graphics.
In addition to this DWG have an insertion base point which is used when the model is referenced into another model.
To move the cell elements around the models (cell ) origin :-
1. Open the cell Library or DGNLIB containing the cells as if a DGN file
2. Open the model matching the cell name of the problematic cell
3. Using Element Selection select all the graphics.
4. Select the Move tool and snap to a point on the graphics that is to be the cell origin as a point to move from and then keyin xy=0,0,0 as a point to move to. ( The origin of the model )
5. Save the file and test the pacement of the modified cell
In most instances this should resolve the issue however if a DWG insertion point has been defined the cell will be placed using this point. The follow steps can be used to change the location of the insertion point.1. Repeat steps 1 & 2 above
2. keyin ' dwg insbase 0,0,0
3. Save settings and save the file and test the pacement of the modified cell