I would like to attach line styles (RSC or LIN files) from an outside source into my DGN file without using any configuration variables.
1. Open the Line Style Editor by going to Element>Line Styles>Edit.
2. In the Line Style Editor, go to File>Import... and then choose either .RSC or .LIN as your mode of importation.
3. Once you choose the file type, an Open Line Style Library dialog will appear. Choose the file you want to import and hit Open.
4. The following dialog will appear, in which you choose which line styles from within the file you want to import. To select them all, choose the first one, hold and slide down the list. If any of the line styles appear red instead of black once highlighted, that means the line style already exists within the file. Hit Import.
5. The screen will disappear and the line styles will be imported. To ensure the importation went smoothly, you can go to Element>Line Styles>Custom and the Custom Line Styles dialog will appear. You should see the line styles you just imported and the source will be listed as the file you are currently in.
Now you will be able to transfer or move the file without worrying about losing line styles.